Thursday, March 3, 2011

Umi Kalsom Abdul Majid

KANGAR: A Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM) student is believed to have died in a road accident along Jalan Arau-Kodiang here yesterday.

The body of Umi Kalsom Abdul Majid, 24, was found lying beside the road by a passerby at 7.30am today but the accident is believed to have happened at 11pm yesterday.
Perlis Public Order chief DSP Ibrahim Idris said the victim, a third-year Computer Science student at UiTM's Arau campus, was said to be on her way back to her rented house in Arau from Jitra, Kedah, when her motorcycle skidded and crashed into a concrete retaining wall.

He said Umi Kalsom, who hailed from Mersing, Johor, had gone to Jitra in a motorcycle convoy with three other friends to settle a personal matter, but decided to return to Arau alone.


"Her friends lodged a missing persons report at the Jitra police station at 3am today after she did not answer their phone calls," he told reporters here today.
The victim died at the scene due to severe head injuries and the body was taken to Tuanku Fauziah Hospital. - BERNAMA



Read more: UiTM student killed in motorcycle accident http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/UiTMstudentkilledinmotorcycleaccident/Article/#ixzz1FXDL4fjX

Innalillahiwainnailaihi raji'un. I did not know her but every time this happens my heart bleeds. I worry about the safety of all these young people and I know how treacherous this road could be as I do travel this road sometimes at night.I am always afraid that I would make deadly mistakes especially on rainy days.I did make a mistake once while driving along that particular road.I was on my way to the airport and I was driving alone.I took the wrong turn heading to the wrong direction as I followed a car in front of me.That car too made a mistake.So I did what I could think that night.I quickly turned to the nearest exit and drove to the right direction.I know there is ongoing construction there but there is no proper lightning which sometimes could confuse drivers and riders .I don't know what was happening when Umi Kalsom was riding home that night from Jitra.I just hope there wouldn't be any other victim in the future.Just be careful.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Take A Peek

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...